CASE STUDY: Be Ultrafemme
To create a new store environment to embody their updated brand positioning.
As a leading Mexican cosmetics retailer, Be Ultrafemme is a new concept that builds upon Groupo Ultrafemme’s authority in each of the three major categories: Fragrances, Cosmetics and Skincare. New product groupings were based on buying habits studies, designed to be customer friendly and attractive to their core consumer. Creating separate zones for the three categories (rather than by brands), each area conveys its own “authority,” with Beauty Experts who offer a more consultative approach to the sale. While allowing each of the cosmetics vendors to insert their own branding elements, the store was designed to be iconic through its layout, fixtures and graphics.
- At its core is the skincare lounge/spa, whose calming natural color palette sooths the guest while receiving treatments. As the plan radiates outward, it is defined by the skincare ring, the make-up ring and the fragrance ring, creating a path for a complete beauty transformation.
- The most active ring at the center is make-up, anchored by large video screens to display promotions or beauty tips.
- Large monitors directly above the cashwrap also provide messaging to waiting purchasers. This area is further accentuated by a raised luminous ceiling.
- A mostly white palette is accentuated by large environmental graphics at ceiling soffits delineating the departments. Textured white tiles were used in the Skincare and Fragrances zones, while highly polished tiles accentuate Cosmetics.
- Use of departmental colors and graphics within each of the categories helps to delineate and define the various areas.
- The overall luminous character of the space uplifts the store design with a clean, modern look to complement the sophisticated young lifestyles of targeted guests.