CASE STUDY: The Original Wrangler Store
To create a new prototype with the continued goal of raising overall brand demand and presence for the Original Wrangler Store as a lifestyle destination for authentic cowboys and cowgirls, and those who aspire to be.
Wrangler - the leader in western apparel and an iconic American denim maker - represents authenticity, hard work, independence, fit to purpose, and a straightforward sense of durability and function. This is especially appealing to the working, weekend and/or lifestyle rancher who shares the values of the brand, its authenticity and quality. This new space embodies the activities and values at the heart of the core western consumers’ vitality by offering a complete experience with high-impact visual interest and apparel presentations. The store offers the entire range of Wrangler products including jeans, shirts, outerwear, belts, handbags and other accessories in an impressive and engaging atmosphere.
- The primary focal feature is a large Midway Zone. This area is accentuated through the use of large timbers. The timbers from floor to roof deck serve as a signature iconic element, a practical feature in terms of housing marketing, visual, and display elements. The Midway also serves as a natural gathering point for product feature statements that create a relaxed discovery trail from the front to the back of the store.
- Floor fixturing includes two large runway elements (one for men, one for women's) that allow forms to showcase the legendary product fit and unique finishes. Floor fixtures are modular in configuration and construction which add to that configurability of the fixtures into zones and corners in addition to more conventional grid flow.
- Materials add to the sense of rustic outdoor living, including plank flooring, raw metals, leather, and rough wood, complete the sense of the environment not too far from the places and activities that Wrangler are most at home in. Unique western related finishes in the fitting rooms bring a touch of detail within the large cubic footprint of the store.
- Interesting details throughout the store include the wall and perimeter system, the graphic mounting systems that provide highly flexible store-friendly change-out system, and the patchwork pocket facing of the cash wrap.
- A seating area provides a place for relaxation for the destination shopper, and doubles as a try-on area for the adjacent boot department.
- Graphics throughout the environment are inspired by the rodeo, featuring iconic rodeo personalities and events for which Wrangler is a major sponsor.