CASE STUDY: Vitamin World
To create an environment that speaks to the range of consumers both from a rational and emotional perspective. The more rational areas of the experience include attention to detail and quality, promotion of discovery and a sense of authenticity that reinforces their choice as the best. From an emotional perspective, the warmth, openness, and inherent sense of optimism within the space communicates friendliness and empathy, supportive to the consumer both in terms of their personal challenges, as well as their individual goals.
Through the creation of a series of neighborhoods and zones within the store’s fairly compact space, Vitamin World becomes an authority in each of its major categories. Fresh, clean and contemporary, the space is small but designed to have a big impact.
- A series of nuances help separate elements to promote maximum browsing and interactivity - as simple as a table that welcomes new products to be picked up and examined more closely, to the use of the Healthnotes interactive kiosk offering complimentary third party editorial regarding conditions and products.
- A highly modular and changeable storefront communications system provides operational simplicity in updating the lease line, while the graphic scale lends impact to supplement the scale of merchandise.
- The use of backlit and under-lit fixtures depict lighting as a key environmental finish enhancing the bold packaging, bottle graphics, and materials, while illuminated fixtures extend the visual field from floor to ceiling, maximizing the graphic scale impact that occurs above the key shopping zone.
- By using multiple finishes and textures within a singular palette, the store has a sense of continuity that plays well against the overall neutrality; the materials maintain interest and sophistication, while conveying warmth and friendliness.
- White, illuminated perimeter shelving adds a light and airy sensibility, while wood accents with pattern and texture help to ground and warm the space.