CASE STUDY: Things Remembered
To create a new store environment exuding warmth and charm, increasing customer browsing time through the look and feel of a series of discovery boutiques and shops.
The occasion gift shop takes on a feeling of warmth and charm through a new lifestyle environment highlighted by inviting graphics and unique wall features that put the focus on individual collections. Finishes such as wood floors and area carpets leverage the welcoming feel, while indirect lighting helps set the mood. Furniture and floor fixtures showcase the product collections and introduce gifting and personalization ideas for the merchandise.
- A recessed storefront window implies a “street front” charm, using one larger window for a major occasion story, while the second, smaller window creates merchandising opportunities for concurrent events or featured collections.
- The basic simplicity of the fixturing with its clean and tailored use of wood, leather and metal, contrasts with the more whimsical and sometimes overtly feminine presentation techniques and classifications such as wedding and baby.
- Fixtures range from a circular set of cascading nesting tables to metal showcases accented through the use of vitrine style pedestal tables - a mixture of metal etageres and wall bases and platforms help provide a variety of scale and solidity to the perimeter of the store.
- Dress forms with cut-away display niches and related props such as willow baskets and pedestals are a cross between boutique and home in their ultimate character.
- Materials of a warm and soft nature share a palette of silver, sage, driftwood grey and slate that act as a textural and natural background for many of the products whose luster and shine benefit from this neutral and natural background.