Vice President, Studio Director
JGA is seeking a Vice President, Studio Director to join our management team and be responsible for managing projects for a variety of commercial clients in the retail, hospitality, and technology-related industries. We are seeking a Studio Director with 15+ years of proven management experience to direct the technical activities in the studio, including but not limited to: all project implementation, project profitability, business development support, client success, as well as staff operations and development.
We offer a great working environment along with compensation and benefits package including 401k. If you are a leader with operational experience in retail design, have strong communication skills along with an entrepreneurial attitude and are adaptive to various opportunities, please submit your resume or CV to info@JGA.com
- Reports to the Executive Vice President and serves on the Leadership Team to continuously enhance quality, efficiency and profitability of JGA
- Is responsible for the overall management of the studio and studio staff as well as external resources and strategic partners
- Is responsible for the mentoring, continuous training and development of the studio staff to ensure currency of technical skills and professional growth
- Defines measurable goals for overall studio profitability as well as individual performance goals for staff and conducts annual reviews to assess results
- Writes and reviews contracts, estimates, project documents and related exhibits for both new and existing clients
- Actively manages project team assignments, budgets, schedules and programs
- Works closely with Accounting on the financial administration of the studio and the proactive monitoring of timely billing and invoicing
- Supports business development efforts
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 15 years of experience in the retail industry with proven management skills in retail design or a related field
- BA, BS or BFA degree from an accredited university required
- Architectural Registration preferred or equivalent knowledge based on professional experience
- Current working knowledge of building, health codes and compliance issues
- Current working knowledge of AutoCAD, REVIT & Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational and communications skills
- The ability to multi-task in a fast-moving, entrepreneurial work environment
- The ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally
JGA is always looking for talented storytellers and those that support them. We have a broad diversity of talent sets and specialty areas, and on occasion, we are looking to grow various parts of the team.
As a company, JGA fosters a culture that empowers personal and professional growth while providing personal partnership and the highest standard of service and design to our clients. You would be joining an impressive team that has achieved success creating innovative and entertaining environments for a diverse roster of clients spanning the globe.
JGA’s storytellers have been recognized by numerous design competitions and leading international publications, including: The New York Times, USA Today, The Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, Chain Store Age, VMSD, Design:Retail, Contract, Interior Design and Women’s Wear Daily.
Tell us your story:
29110 Inkster Road, Suite 200
Southfield, MI 48034 USA
Interior Designer or Retail Designer
JGA seeks an Interior or Retail Designer to join our team and contribute to the design and delivery of significant projects for a variety of commercial clients, in the retail, hospitality, and technology-related categories. Successful candidate will have a passion for retail and design. We are seeking a Designer with strong proficiency in conceptual design, space planning, design development, material selection, and construction documentation of workplace interior design.
We offer a great working environment, along with compensation and benefit package including 401K. If you are a team player with an awareness and curiosity of retail and design, interpersonal skills, positive attitude, high energy, flexible and adaptive to various opportunities, submit Resume or CV, and Portfolio samples to info@JGA.com.
Education and Training Requirements
- 1-3 years of professional experience in workplace interior design
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design, Retail Design, Architecture or a related field from an accredited university
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- High proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, SketchUp, 3D and other modeling software programs as well as Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Strong work ethic – must be self-motivated, client-focused and detail oriented
- Ability to prioritize and work collaboratively on multiple teams and projects
- Excellent verbal, written and visual communication skills
- Work in a collaborative environment with architectural and interior designers to create fully integrated design strategies and solutions
- Develop engaging, innovative and branded transactional/experiential environments under the guidance of Creative Directors
- Demonstrate critical thinking and perspective when solving creative issues
- Support Creative Directors in all aspects of the project including developing image boards, sketching and rendering, computer-based space planning and spatial visualization, color and finish specifications, client presentation, design intent documentation and resource coordination
- Participate in presentations to prospective and established clients
- Some travel required
Architectural Project Manager
JGA is seeking an Architectural Project Manager to be responsible for leading an entire architectural/interior design project from budget to implementation. Able to complete site visits to provide site dimensions, document field conditions, provide recommendations, develop architectural construction documentation from design documents, and perform site inspections during construction phase. Also responsible for construction bidding and permitting tasks, recruiting and selecting contractors, and mediating construction contracts.
The Project Manager will be able to establish and sustain client relations, participate in assessing and hiring architectural and engineering advisors, and collaborate with governmental agencies. You will also assess and advise regarding building codes, design and implement creative concepts of architectural layout , and formulate and oversee project range, budgets, schedules, and client expectations. You will provide input in conceptual, design, and production meetings, observe project performance, and coordinate workload through the entire project to complete documents on schedule. You will also be responsible for the financial aspects of projects; developing and organizing construction documents and assuming responsibility for finished plans, specifications, and management approval of materials and construction.
We offer a great working environment, along with compensation and benefit package including 401K. If you are a team player with an awareness and curiosity of retail and design, interpersonal skills, positive attitude, high energy, flexible and adaptive to various opportunities, submit Resume or CV, and Project Work Product samples to info@JGA.com.
Education and Training Requirements
- Preferably a Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Interior Design, or other relevant field
- At least 5 years work experience in Retail, Restaurant, or Hospitality field (Other fields will be considered in conjunction with work experience)
- Architectural registration NOT required
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Advanced knowledge of federal, state, and local building administrative codes relating to building projects
- Knowledge of current architectural methods
- Background in solving architectural design and construction problems
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Must possess good decision-making and problem solving skills
- Demonstrate management, leadership, and interpersonal skills
- Advanced computer knowledge in AutoCAD 2016 (Revit would be a PLUS), project scheduling software, and Windows-based programs
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
Now Hiring! CAD Drafter
The successful candidate would have 2 year’s experience, ideally in an architectural firm specializing in retail, hospitality and/or restaurant design. Requirements include a Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture and a high level of proficiency with Auto-CAD 10 (minimum).
- Analyze construction document changes and integrate with an entire set of drawings prior to Project Manager review.
- Define and execute drawings and specifications required for projects within deadlines.
- Research construction codes and accessibility standards.
We offer a great working environment, along with compensation and benefit package including 401K. If you are a team player with an awareness and curiosity of retail and design, interpersonal skills, positive attitude, high energy, flexible and adaptive to various opportunities, submit resume to email@example.com.